- Capacity: 2 occupants, 400 lb (180 kg) max payload
- Empty weight: 1,100 lb (499 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,500 lb (680 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 2 × 7.5 kWh Lithium Battery Packs for 5 min emergencies
- Powerplant: 1 × 6,000 RPM gasoline generator, 200 hp (150 kW) ; 8 × electric fixed pitch propeller
- Full computer and electrical system redundancy
- Ballistic Parachute
- Fuselage and props are carbon fiber for durability and light weight
- 70 mph top speed
- One hour of flight time available per tank of gasoline
- Flight ceiling of 4000 feet.
- Fixed Prop Pitch and no transitional parts (No wings, tail, tilt rotor or tilt wings) for simplicity and safety
- Maximum speed: 70 mph (113 km/h; 61 kn)
- Range: 70 mi (61 nmi; 113 km)
- Endurance: 1 h
- Service ceiling: 4,000 ft (1,200 m)
This hybrid aircraft is designed for a short hop application with an estimated 70 mile range. In addition the SureFly packs an on-board fully redundant backup battery system. The four carbon fiber arms fold down providing a small footprint to store inside a standard garage.
A New Personal Flight Experience. Affordable. Easy to Pilot. Safe Design. Only SureFly.
The SureFly, a hybrid-electric helicopter, is admired on a helipad at a home in West Los Angeles.
Elliot Bokeno, technical Lead (left) and Justin Jantzen, lead test engineer, with the SureFly a hybrid-electric chopper. With Workhorse intending to spin off SureFly into an independent company, valuing it $33 million, SureFly delivery to public is expected by as early as 2020.
SureFly is designed to make a difference in crowded cities where commuting is a nightmare. Price: $200,000. Coming as soon as next year. Handout photo provided by Workhorse Group Inc.
The SureFly is a two-place hybrid-electric helicopter designed for commuter use. It can fly for two hours with up to two people and because it’s quiet, it can work for a personal helipad.