Things to do in Las Vegas on New Year Eve 2019
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NEW YEARS EVE IN LAS VEGAS
- The Las Vegas Weather in December is cold, with wind and occasional precipitation, so if you plan to be on the street dress warm, this year the temperatures will get to the mid 30’s.
- Street closures happen early so plan on getting to the strip by at least 4 pm. The strip usually closes around 5 pm with surrounding streets closing a little later. It becomes a traffic nightmare.
- Downtown traffic is no better so be prepared to arrive early and be patient with the late night commute out of the area.
- Festivities at Fremont Street Las Vegas start at 6 pm.
- Fireworks will erupt from Stratosphere Tower, Treasure Island, Venetian, Caesars Palace, Planet Hollywood, Aria and MGM Grand.
BIGGEST NEW YEAR’S EVE WEEKEND CONCERTS & EVENTS
- Vegas Golden Knights vs. Colorado Avalanche – T-Mobile Arena, December 27, 7 p.m.
- UFC 232 – T-Mobile Arena, December 29, time TBA
- Jay Leno – The Mirage, December 29, 10 p.m.
- Ariana Grande – The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan, December 29, 10 p.m.
- Maroon 5 – Mandalay Bay Events Center, December 30-31, 7 p.m.
- Tenacious D – The Joint at the Hard Rock, December 30, 8 p.m. & December 31, 10 p.m.
- Celine Dion – Colosseum at Caesars Palace, December 31, 7:30 p,m.
- Lady Gaga – Park Theater at Park MGM, December 31, 8 p.m.
- Gwen Stefani – Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood, December 31, 9 p.m.
- Imagine Dragons – The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan, December 31, 9:30 p.m.